March 6, 2018

Week 8 Reading and Writing

Looking Back. 
     
       Last semester I really enjoyed the Review Week and getting to go back to look at the different stories I had created. From week to week I start to only focus on what I am doing in the moment and never look back at what I have accomplished. Now getting to look back at my reading notes, I noticed I was able to come up with more story ideas for the book, The Mahabharata. I am not sure if the book actually gave me more ideas or if it is because I have had one particular idea for The Ramayana. I had not realized that my idea of turning The Ramayana into a high school drama started in week three, or as soon as we began reading the book. I have actually gotten really into The Ramayana story as a whole and started watching the Netflix series Ramayan. The series is very long with a total of fifty-six episodes and I am only on eighteen. I like how the series spreads out and explains in more details the different storylines. I think the series helps me see the significance of Rama and how Indian cultures views him. Other than having to read the subtitles to understand what everyone is saying I have really enjoyed watching the series and might (big might) get done with it before the end of the semester.

        When I went back to look at the different stories I have created I felt I have attempted many different styles I am not use to, like writing a letter and doing a monologue. However, I have not changed the characters into different ones. I noticed in my readings of other people’s stories they will recreate a story using similar elements to the plot line but with different character names in a different era. Even though I have used different styles I still think there are many styles I have yet to attempt. So, looking forward I want to attempt to make unique stories told in the “not so typical” way. The favorite image that I picked below I actually created on a meme generator. I think the saying has perfectly summoned up the drama of the storylines in the Indian epics we have been reading.  



******
Image: Indian Soap Opera Meme. Source: quick meme

No comments:

Post a Comment