March 6, 2018

Week 8 Comments and Feedback

Being Effective. 
        
         So far, I have felt that the feedback I have been given by the other students has been very helpful. Each comment usually offers a suggestion to something I could change or add to my story. I also like when students will specifically tell me when there is typo error, like when the professor emails us for our projects. It makes it easier to find where I have made a mistake and can easily find it in the text to fix it. I feel like I do a pretty thorough read through but always seem to find mistakes later on. I have only had a couple of students do this for me but when I give feedback and I noticed I try to be specific if there is anything wrong with grammar or spelling. I know that they might not want to rework their entire story based off of one suggestion so I at least try to offer something simple to help them along.
Since this is my second time around in a course framed like this one, I thin
k it is safe to say I enjoy connecting with classmates through the blog. I also have realized that this class is also helpful in a world where technology is taking over. My cousin is starting a mommy blog and I told her about the Mythology and Folklore class that I had taken last semester. I was able to give her some helpful advice on how to make her site more user friendly so that other people would want to come and read the site. Having fun picture and with caption brings people in but the content of what you put on the Introduction is your first impression. Giving information about your likes and dislikes helps people feel a part of your world for a couple of minutes which I think helps bring them back to read more. It makes the author seem more relatable and human.

For my image I choose from the “Feedback Infographics”.  I really liked this picture of, components of effective feedback because it reminds me of teachers. Teachers have to work together to help create better lessons for their students and usually turn to other teachers and friends for feedback on lessons. I cannot count how many times I have been asked to read through and assignment or to check over a worksheet to make sure the student would be able to grasp a concept. Teachers are always working to find something that keeps students engaged and challenged so that they can continue to learn.  


******
Image: 21 Components of Effective Feedback. Source: GrowthMindsetMemes

No comments:

Post a Comment